I generally offer the following flavour combinations for my wedding cake tiers and
large celebration cakes:
- rich fruit cake laced with brandy, typically matured for a minimum of 6 weeks (but
ideally longer if I am given more notice);
- rich chocolate cake layered with vanilla and/or chocolate buttercream (also available
as an NGCI (no gluten containing ingredients) version, see FAQs); a rich dark chocolate
ganache filling is also possible for special occasions (price supplement applies).
- the following madeira cake flavours, each soaked in a homemade sugar syrup in a
complementing flavour to keep the cake moist and layered with a matching buttercream
- vanilla madeira with vanilla buttercream and raspberry preserve;
- lemon madeira with lemon buttercream and lemon curd;
- almond madeira with almond flavoured buttercream and morello/black cherry preserve
(my "Cherry Bakewell" flavour!)
- orange madeira with orange buttercream and orange curd;
- orange and almond madeira with orange buttercream and orange curd.
Depending on the type/size of cake design required, I may also be able to offer you:
- coffee and walnut cake, soaked in espresso syrup and layered with a coffee and walnut
- lime and coconut cake, soaked in lime syrup and layered with coconut buttercream;
- banana and walnut, with walnut buttercream (also available as an NGCI (no gluten
containing ingredients) version);
- NEW! Black Forest gâteau-inspired cake - chocolate cake layered with vanilla buttercream
and Morello cherry preserve (Note: this cake uses vanilla buttercream in place of
It is possible to have different cake tiers in different flavours if you wish, although
for reasons of weight if you are choosing to have one or more fruit tiers, these
are heavier so are better towards the bottom of any sort of stack.
If you cannot see what you want here, please contact me with your request and I’ll
see what I can do!
All of the above cakes contain dairy products (derived from cow’s milk), eggs and
gluten, unless specified otherwise.
The fruit cakes, “Cherry Bakewell” and orange and almond madeira cakes and coffee
and walnut cakes and banana and walnut cakes contain nuts. Fruit cakes will also
have a marzipan layer under the sugarpaste. Please be aware that all cakes are prepared
and stored in a kitchen in which nuts are used.
The lime and coconut cake contains coconut and coconut milk derivatives.