I offer the following flavour combinations for my wedding cake tiers and celebration
- rich chocolate cake layered with vanilla and/or chocolate buttercream;
- the following sponge cake flavours, each soaked in a homemade sugar syrup in a complementing
flavour to keep the cake moist and layered with a matching buttercream and preserve/curd:
- vanilla sponge with vanilla buttercream and raspberry preserve;
- lemon sponge with lemon buttercream and lemon curd;
- almond sponge with almond flavoured buttercream and morello/black cherry preserve
(my "Cherry Bakewell" flavour!)
- orange sponge with orange buttercream and orange curd;
- orange and almond sponge with orange buttercream and orange curd.
- rich fruit cake laced with brandy, typically matured for a minimum of 6 weeks (but
ideally longer if I am given more notice);
Depending on the type/size of cake design required, I may also be able to offer you:
- Coffee & Walnut cake, soaked in espresso syrup and layered with a coffee buttercream;
- Coconut & Lime cake, soaked in lime syrup and layered with coconut buttercream;
- Banana & Chocolate Chip, with peanut butter buttercream (smaller cakes only);
- Black Forest gâteau-inspired cake - chocolate cake layered with vanilla buttercream
and Morello cherry preserve (Note: this cake uses vanilla buttercream in place of
All of my cakes except the rich fruit cake are coated in a layer of chocolate ganache
(white or dark chocolate, depending on the flavour of the base cake) under the sugarpaste
as standard, in order to give a smooth sharp finish to the shape. Fruit cakes have
a layer of marzipan.
It is possible to have different cake tiers in different flavours if you wish. If
you are having a fruit cake tier in a stacked cake, then it does not necessarily
have to be the largest tier at the bottom - it can be anywhere in the structure.
If you cannot see what you want here, please contact me with your request and I’ll
see what I can do!
Please advise me of any relevant allergies or other dietary requirements (no alcohol;
vegetarian/vegan etc) at the point of enquiry - a full breakdown of allergens for
each cake flavour is available on request.
Please note that the cakes are prepared
in my home kitchen and therefore, whilst all reasonable care is taken, I cannot guarantee
that they are free from traces of other allergens used in my kitchen.